Todays efforts continued to be geared towards working on the Gambit gantry system.
I was able to get the motor mount printed and it almost completely satisfied me. The dimensions were slightly off on the side where it will connect to the rod mounts. Thankfully, this is a quick fix. I will probably get the final iteration printed within the next couple of days.
In hopes of creating a better gantry system, I needed to ensure that the new motors were mounted properly. Using yesterdays design, I was able to print out a physical copy of it. What I found was that some mesurements need to be adjusted to create a better fit.
Alongside that, I began using the printed version of the wire management system that I created to make for easier soldering. Unfortunately, I did not make room for a wire which made me go back and add it to the existing model. This print took roughly six hours, so I will need to re-print it again tonight for use tomorrow.
Today, I journaled, worked out, read, tracked my caloric intake, and worked on at least one of my personal projects. Today was a good day.
What I am thankful for
I am thankful for my air conditioning. It has been getting way too hot in Texas as of late.